Steve's interest in Austin Healeys was sparked in 1964 whilst on Christmas holidays at the bayside resort of Rosebud where he saw a black over red 100/4. That first sighting was to leave a lasting impression on Steve, and in November, 1969 with the help of his fiance Helen, they purchased a 1956 100 BN2.
In April 1970 Steve and Helen were married and honeymooned on the Gold Coast in the said BN2. They joined the Victorian Austin Healey Owner's Club where Steve served in many committee positions through the 70's. The BN2 was replaced by a low mileage 3000 Mk. 2 in 1971 then when the chance to purchase the second of three prototype Rolls engined Healey 4000 in the U.K. presented itself the 3000 was sold. Around the same time, Steve heard of a damaged 100/S for sale in Oregon, USA and the car was purchased and imported which was the start of Steve's love affair with the 100/S model.
In 1974 their son Andrew was born and in 1976 saw the shift to a new house in Bacchus Marsh. No. 2 son David was born soon after and the Rolls engined 4000 was sold to put carpet on the floor of the new house. A BJ8 was then purchased from Sydney so the family would not be without a Healey.
In 1980 Steve resigned his Accountant's position and started to restore Healeys out of the garage in the backyard of his Bacchus Marsh home.
In 1981 Steve made his first trip to the west coast of the USA to purchase Healeys. Through the 80's Steve made dozens of trips back to the US to purchase damaged and worn out Healeys.
In 1985 the business had outgrown the garage, and a factory in Station Street, Bacchus Marsh was purchased.
In 1999 we moved to our premises in Park Street, Bacchus Marsh.